Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tomato Update


Well the little guys have been transplanted into their root trainers. Because I am growing organic tomatoes this year (complete with organic soil supplied by Sungold) I am testing different materials including endomycorrhizal fungi from Eco Living Solutions (and just in case you were wondering I purchased this and am in no way saying my readers need to buy these products but I also don't want to leave you hanging if you are looking for materials.)

Because I am so sure these fungi will have a big impact on my crop, I dipped most of the roots in the endomycorrhizal fungi as they were transplanted. With two kinds of tomatoes I planted both plain (without the fungi) and with the fungi so that there was a small test. All soil media had humic acid and rock dust added to the media before transplanting.

No comments: