Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Old is New: Gift of Garden's Past


I once read the newest trend in gardening is the gravel path. I laugh about this when I give talks and tell farmer's and rural gardeners in Alberta that their driveways are now the latest thing in garden design. But there I was in rural Wales and modern London this year and guess what? It is true.

Gravel is used right up to the house in some cases and gravel mulch is used in combination with other materials in others. In other words everything old to us and even older in Britain is quite commonplace and still fresh. I want to change my city home to work in more gravel everywhere - except for those places where I have to shovel. There won't be a gravel path going into my front walk any time soon.

IF YOU LIKE MY APPROACH TO GARDENING, YOU’LL LOVE MY BOOK



Click the PayPal Add-to-Cart button below to purchase No Guff Vegetable Gardening through my fulfilment partner Alpine Book Peddlers.


 





No comments: